Vision & Values
Throughout the Woodway Federation, we believe that all young people deserve and have the right to an outstanding education.
We want to be part of the integrated and joined-up solution to providing an excellent provision meeting the needs of pupils with social, emotional and mental health Special Educational Needs.
The Woodway Federation promotes high achievement and an enjoyment in learning so that our pupils will:
- be highly motivated and effective lifelong learners
- develop the skills to meet the needs of a demanding and changing world
- develop the skills to be able to make good choices
- achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- be able to make the most of their opportunities
- be flexible and adaptable
- develop the skills to behave appropriately, so becoming valued members of society
- attend regularly and be happy and confident members of our school
- respect religious views, moral values and other ethnic backgrounds and ways of life
- have enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity
- have high self-esteem, respecting themselves, others and the environment
- feel valued and develop the confidence to have trusting relationships
- work independently and collaboratively and be aware of themselves as learners
- have the knowledge and skills to extend themselves in mind, body and spirit
We believe that our pupils will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- a welcoming environment where morale is high
- a safe and caring environment which is fair and where respect and truth are valued
- opportunities for success that are offered to every child, every day
- a stimulating learning environment where expectations are hig
- a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum which reflects the needs of our school community as well as having local and global dimensions
- an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement where everyone is motivated and enthusiastic
- an enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits
- innovative teaching that addresses a variety of learning style
- learning partnerships between home and school and the community
- an environment where there is reflective and intelligent practice
- pleasant surroundings that are well resourced
- practices that are fully inclusive
We demonstrate our commitment to working as a learning community by:
- ensuring that teaching and learning is part of an ongoing evaluative process
- providing an environment that is safe and nurturing for all
- working as a team respecting each other’s values and beliefs
- being good role models by the way in which we interact with one another
- striving for a calm and stress-free environment
- working collaboratively towards common goals
- managing through open and effective communication
- ensuring that we work in ways that are fully inclusive and open
- striving for continuous improvement in all that we do
- working in ways that will promote high morale and high self esteem
- becoming an Investor in People
Our Key Principles:
1) High aspirations and expectations for staff and students.
2) Outstanding teaching and learning from experienced and well-qualified staff, developing innovative and leading edge strategies.
3) An inclusive, broad and balanced curriculum with personalised pathways.
4) An environment where students are safe and build their self-esteem and confidence.
5) Partnership working.
6) Developing learning and skills for life.
The Woodway Federation has the following beliefs:
- We are all different and we are all valued and we all belong.
- Intelligence, character, behaviour and the future can all be changed. They are malleable.
- We have more control over our future than we think.
- We need to want to change or grow.
- Effort is essential.
- Dreams can be achieved but there will be obstacles.
- In order to succeed, we need to learn to fail and to learn from our mistakes. We need to take risks with our learning. Learning takes place though challenge. Some things are tough. We need that to grow.
- Asking for help is a sign of strength. We are a team.
- Problems are solved through talking and thinking rationally.
- Kindness makes us happy and the world a better place. We are social animals.
- Bad events and failure are transitory. They happen. They will pass and they can make us stronger.
- Sometimes we have to go backwards to go forwards.
- You can see everything differently
- We can climb mountains!
- We believe that these are key skills for success in life:
- Persistence / Effort